At Battle Hill we understand the importance of our diverse and multicultural community, both locally and nationally. It is with this multiculturalism in mind, alongside British values, that we aim to broaden our pupils’ understanding of religious beliefs, past times and cultures. We provide our students with a wealth of opportunities to learn about how others around them see and perceive the world whilst providing time for reflection and discussion to deepen understanding and sense of belonging.
We do this through:
- Providing an enjoyable, child centred approach to learning about religion.
- An inclusive, spiral curriculum that allows pupils to build on prior understanding as they grow and mature.
- Educational visits so pupils can see first-hand different places of worship and how these religions are practised.
- Teaching and learning in an inclusive, empathetic environment where children feel safe to discuss perceptions and beliefs.
- Working alongside the local authority, community and the Religious Education Resource Centre to provide a rich and contemporary experience of different religions.
- Including a range of visual and physical aides for pupils to immerse themselves in their learning.
The RE curriculum at Battle Hill Primary School allows children to develop a sound level of religious understanding and knowledge.
Pupils will have engaged with a range of ultimate questions about the meaning and significance of existence, as well as having the ability to ask significant and highly reflective questions about religion, demonstrating an understanding of issues related to the nature and value of religious thought. Pupils will have developed an understanding of how the beliefs, values, practices and ways of life within a religion cohere together whilst having the independence and initiative to question, investigate and evaluate these practices for themselves. Pupils work constructively with others to link the study of religion and belief to personal experiences supported by a broad knowledge of a wide range of religions and beliefs.
Click the image below to see our RE Progression Map