What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium Funding was introduced by the Coalition Government in April 2011 to provide additional support for specific groups of children. The extra funding is made available to schools in order to address underlying inequalities between identified groups of children and their peers.
The Pupil Premium Grant received by school is comprised of income for:
- Pupils who are eligible for free school meals, or have been eligible in the past 6 years
- Pupils who have been adopted from care or have left care
- Children who are looked after by the local authority
Service Pupil Premium is allocated based on Children whose parent / parents are
- currently serving in HM Forces
- have retired on a pension from the Ministry of Defence
School can only receive Pupil Premium funding where parents have informed school of their eligibility. If you think you are eligible for any of the above criteria, please contact the school office. For more information about Free School Meals eligibility, please click here.